How to prepare matcha green tea
Preparing matcha green tea can be difficult. There's lots of questions to consider, so I've done a quick summary below. There's certainly room to move on some (eg you could increase or decrease the serving size depending on your caffeine tolerance and flavour preference) but hopefully they provide a good guide:
- What is the optimum temperature? Quick answer: 50-70 degrees.
- How much matcha should you use? Quick answer: one teaspoon.
- How much water should you add? Quick answer: 50ml.
- Do you need to whisk with a bamboo whisk? Quick answer: yes.
- How do you know when it's ready to serve? Quick answer: when the foam from whisking covers the surface of the tea.